The Flabob Flying Circus was held last weekend and was a success with over 120 airplanes in attendance. The highlight of the event was the Aerial Cavalcade with 52 aircraft flying. Photos by Michael Shreeve and Brent Taylor, thanks!
The beautiful 1936 Caudron C.460 replica constructed by the crew at AeroCraftsman was on display along with the 1934 DeHavilland DH.88 “Comet” replica, the 1934 Schoenfeldt “Firecracker” replica and the 1936 Laird-Turner LTR-14 “Meteor” replica. All four aircraft are based at Flabob as part of the Bill Turner Repeat Aircraft collection. Photo by Michael Shreeve.
Chris Galloway’s 1936 custom cabin Waco shines in the morning sun as he arrives from Yolo, CA. Photo by Brent Taylor.
The “Cavalcade of Flight” begins. As a sailplane lands the crew of Frank Schelling’s 1918 Curtiss JN-4H get ready to start the Hisso powered “Jenny” for its flight. Photo by Brent Taylor.
Flabob AAA chapter President, Don Newman, taxies in after his flight in his beautifully restored 1941 Fairchild M-62. Photo by Brent Taylor.
John Seibold's Stinson SM-1. Photo by Michael Shreeve.
As would be expected at the home of EAA Chapter 1, homebuilts ranging from Corbens to Lancairs were in attendance at the Flabob Flying Circus. This impressive example of a Wittman W-10 “Tailwind” was from the San Diego area. Photo by Brent Taylor.
Ron Alexander, owner and proprietor of Peach State Aerodrome & the Chandler Field Musum near Williamson, GA, was on hand to fly the “Flabob Express” a 1945 Douglas DC-3 based at Flabob. Photo by Brent Taylor.
Photo by Michael Shreeve
A 1931 Buhl LA-1 “Bull Pup” glows in the setting sun at the completion of a great day at the Flabob Flying Circus. Photo by Brent Taylor.
Photo by Michael Shreeve.